Saturday, January 2, 2010

A New Year's Resolution


Thag:
My wife and I are always on the lookout for quirky projects. For example, a few years ago we decided to walk every mile of public road in our town. When I was in college, I had the hubris to attempt to read every book in the library in order. (As you can guess, that project didn't get much past the third shelf.) This new year we wanted to embark on another quirky journey: something that got us outside doing things we were both interested in that we could manage with a toddler and a busy life. Thus the wild food year.


Between my long-standing interest in botany and primitive skills and my wife's supurb culinary talents, we struck upon the idea of a wild food challenge. We will attempt to incorporate 100 wild edible plants into our diet over the coming growing season, gathered from around our home in southern Vermont. It's a sort of 'Splendid Table' meets 'the Flintstones' kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment